Friday, April 22, 2011

A Simple Earth House

For a long time I have tried my hands to designing and building an earth house which is interesting, dynamic, cost effective and practical to build. So I took this opportunity offered by one of my friend to designs a small 250 sq.ft Earth house which is meant to be part of a farm land. The same house or similar in style will be constructed for 2 cows also along with this main one room house.

The design had no great list of requirement as such, which effectively helped in formulating a simple earth house with rammed earth columns & CSEB Block walls. The roofing was particularly important to me so I tried to do a simple segmental arch, but since I am not too sure how the local labour will be able to handle the same, so the spans have been kept quite modest along with the scale of the house.

Stage 1 of Construction

Stage 2 of Construction

Stage 3 of Construction

Stage 4 of Construction

Stage 5 of Construction

Stage 6 of Construction

Stage 7 of Construction



No comments:

Post a Comment