Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Works of Nadir Khalil.....

It has been quite some time that I got my hands on Nadir Khalil's book " Racing Alone". The choice was simple since he is one of the pioneering masters in the field of earth art (architecture). Names like Laurie Baker, Hassan Fathy, Nader Khalil have always been associated with this basic building material, i.e. earth. Although there is a common thread amongst them, but the technique used and the geometry followed is distinctly exclusive.

Since I am awe inspired with his journey after becoming an architect (from US) and his work, so I feel the need to share my interest. There's lots to see and lots to learn from the master, even though he is not around.








1 comment:

  1. If you are an architect, take his incredible plans and get some $$$ from the government, and go an rebuild someone's home in Arkansas. I read his book many, many years ago...I think I have the First Edition, plus I have his book on how to do it. We need to see if his idea or something similar would stand the forces of a tornado, etc.

    ReplyDelete